Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 29.10.2010, 01:02   #22
mandrill7
Пользователь

@ DeSad: Just personal taste, I guess. I prefer to just use the beach texture for sea coasts.

@Mixx: I have made several variants on the basic Romania lowlands textures to achieve various results. There are autumn textures with the crops replaced by bare, brown earth. I have moved the yellow and brown fields around on the "summer" textures. And I have made a texture with blue " drainage canals" which you see in the Dvina screenshot.

This is an attempt to portray the vast areas of drained marshland in Belarus. There are extensive areas in which drainage canals have been dug to allow the land to be made drier and used for farming.

I am not 100% happy with the texture; but it is more satisfactory than just using ordinary tiles that do not indicate a difference from the normal land.

I used a Romania tile and cut and pasted the canals from Compans' Dutch tile onto it and then tidied it up a little.

I also made a "green" version of the standard Slovakia "country" tile so it looked better with the Romania tiles I use.

Последний раз редактировалось mandrill7; 29.10.2010 в 01:06.
mandrill7 вне форума   Ответить с цитированием