Показать сообщение отдельно
Старый 10.05.2009, 12:23   #1
vanir
Новичок

По умолчанию WIP new slot Kittyhawks

Hi all. I'm an english speaker but there aren't very many english mod sites for IL2, except that one we won't mention which has a monopoly going

I really like the impression I get about this site for its good support for the mod community of IL2. I think this may be a very helpful place.

My small mod team has been working on a couple of projects lately. One is very exciting for me, because I am an Australian and many of us felt like we were being left out of IL2 aircrafts a little bit even though we did play an important part of the war in the South Pacific.

The standard P-40E and P-40M models are totally inadequate to represent RAAF fighters used in the war. I have found some recent documentation which directly infers that manifold pressures exceeding 60"Hg of mercury were used in the field with these aircraft (ie. about +20lbs, 2.37atü or 178cm of mercury), with sea level take off outputs of up to 1780hp for the Allison F3R and F4R motor (P-40E and P-40K), or some 1600hp for the Allison F20R series (P-40M and P-40N).

This is very different from the way the standard models fly in the game. Also the standard models do not really fly in the way that they should for these types of aircraft. The weights and measures are modelled incorrectly, the throttle heights are wrong, there is no facility for pilot control of the mixture and many other small bugs.

What our team has attempted to do is to make the P-40 series fly in the way they really should. We also wish to expand on the types of P-40 which are available for pilot selection. We want the P-40E, the P-40K, the P-40M and also the Merlin engine versions, the P-40F and P-40L with the two-speed supercharger. We want them to look and fly like the real thing.

Currently our mods include the Kittyhawk MkIa (P-40E) which is an RAAF version used in New Guinea with up to 70"Hg wep boost pressure and a 56"Hg available on the throttle. Normal take offs should be performed at 46"Hg and the throttle and prop pitch needs to be controlled more effectively by the pilot for our models, which is more historically accurate.

We also have a Kittyhawk MkIII (P-40M) which is also an RAAF version used in New Guinea with a 60"Hg wep available and 57"Hg on the throttle. Normal take off is again at 46"Hg and again good pilot management is essential to operate these aircraft without overheating or damaging the engine.

These mods are currently only available as beta test models, I have only done much of the FM work just now but we are trying to have someone do many graphical fixes for these aircraft to make them more accurate and complete.

In the future we intend to model the P-40K, P-40F, P-40L and P-40N.
vanir вне форума   Ответить с цитированием