AviaSkins.Forums

Вернуться   AviaSkins.Forums > English forum > Main

Ответ

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 10.05.2009, 12:23   #1
vanir
Новичок

По умолчанию WIP new slot Kittyhawks

Hi all. I'm an english speaker but there aren't very many english mod sites for IL2, except that one we won't mention which has a monopoly going

I really like the impression I get about this site for its good support for the mod community of IL2. I think this may be a very helpful place.

My small mod team has been working on a couple of projects lately. One is very exciting for me, because I am an Australian and many of us felt like we were being left out of IL2 aircrafts a little bit even though we did play an important part of the war in the South Pacific.

The standard P-40E and P-40M models are totally inadequate to represent RAAF fighters used in the war. I have found some recent documentation which directly infers that manifold pressures exceeding 60"Hg of mercury were used in the field with these aircraft (ie. about +20lbs, 2.37atü or 178cm of mercury), with sea level take off outputs of up to 1780hp for the Allison F3R and F4R motor (P-40E and P-40K), or some 1600hp for the Allison F20R series (P-40M and P-40N).

This is very different from the way the standard models fly in the game. Also the standard models do not really fly in the way that they should for these types of aircraft. The weights and measures are modelled incorrectly, the throttle heights are wrong, there is no facility for pilot control of the mixture and many other small bugs.

What our team has attempted to do is to make the P-40 series fly in the way they really should. We also wish to expand on the types of P-40 which are available for pilot selection. We want the P-40E, the P-40K, the P-40M and also the Merlin engine versions, the P-40F and P-40L with the two-speed supercharger. We want them to look and fly like the real thing.

Currently our mods include the Kittyhawk MkIa (P-40E) which is an RAAF version used in New Guinea with up to 70"Hg wep boost pressure and a 56"Hg available on the throttle. Normal take offs should be performed at 46"Hg and the throttle and prop pitch needs to be controlled more effectively by the pilot for our models, which is more historically accurate.

We also have a Kittyhawk MkIII (P-40M) which is also an RAAF version used in New Guinea with a 60"Hg wep available and 57"Hg on the throttle. Normal take off is again at 46"Hg and again good pilot management is essential to operate these aircraft without overheating or damaging the engine.

These mods are currently only available as beta test models, I have only done much of the FM work just now but we are trying to have someone do many graphical fixes for these aircraft to make them more accurate and complete.

In the future we intend to model the P-40K, P-40F, P-40L and P-40N.
vanir вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 31.05.2009, 07:48   #2
lewicide
Criminally insane

G'day Vanir

I was a bit too slow to get hold of your P-40s before they were pulled from the other site.

As an Aussie I was keen to see them developed.

What happened to them and where are they now?

All the best,
Cheers
Старый 06.06.2009, 14:04   #3
sl@sh
Новичок

Цитата:
Сообщение от lewicide Посмотреть сообщение
G'day Vanir

I was a bit too slow to get hold of your P-40s before they were pulled from the other site.

As an Aussie I was keen to see them developed.

What happened to them and where are they now?

All the best,
Cheers
You can get them here: http://www.box.net/shared/cqp8ksihsx
They have a few additional features ....be sure to read txt file for instructions,and study pilot's notes carefully..

sl@sh a.k.a. EnsignRo
sl@sh вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 08.06.2009, 16:27   #4
Uzin
В пожизненном отпуске

По умолчанию How to fly Kittyhawks in game?

I installed the Kittyhawks well, and then tried to fly it in QMB+ on Okinawa
map. The engine quickly went out of order, rpm falled to almost zero. This was observed even after I hit "A" immediately after starting the "None-type " mission.
What am I doing wrong?
Uzin вне форума   Ответить с цитированием
Старый 09.06.2009, 18:46   #5
sl@sh
Новичок

Цитата:
Сообщение от Uzin Посмотреть сообщение
I installed the Kittyhawks well, and then tried to fly it in QMB+ on Okinawa
map. The engine quickly went out of order, rpm falled to almost zero. This was observed even after I hit "A" immediately after starting the "None-type " mission.
What am I doing wrong?

It's not your fault...or maybe it is,did you read pilot's notes?These are not QMB birds,they require engine warm up and run up .
Старый 09.06.2009, 22:15   #6
Uzin
В пожизненном отпуске

Цитата:
Сообщение от sl@sh Посмотреть сообщение
It's not your fault...or maybe it is,did you read pilot's notes?These are not QMB birds,they require engine warm up and run up .
I hope it is my fault
Meanwhile I uninstalled the Kittyhawks, but now I shall give them a try again, going to Scramble type QMB mission and following the pilot notes concerning the warm up.
Btw, I tried before to let the birds fly AI only , and they also did not mastered them. How it is in FMB missions?
Старый 10.06.2009, 00:30   #7
Uzin
В пожизненном отпуске

По умолчанию Kittyhawks again

Well, I gave them a try: installed again, created mission in FMB on Darwin map,
read the pilot notes, and still not be able to fly. Isn't anywhere somthing such as training mission?
And the observation: when I flied for Blue side, letting Kittyhawks to start by AI only, they don't know to fly these birds. So Kittys cannot serve as targets.
Старый 10.06.2009, 17:36   #8
sl@sh
Новичок

Цитата:
Well, I gave them a try: installed again, created mission in FMB on Darwin map,
read the pilot notes, and still not be able to fly. Isn't anywhere somthing such as training mission?
And the observation: when I flied for Blue side, letting Kittyhawks to start by AI only, they don't know to fly these birds. So Kittys cannot serve as targets.

...do it like this,works for me every time....start engine,raise rpm to 900-950 and keep them there until oil pressure reaches 70lbs...once the pressure is above 70,very slowly raise rpm (be careful,pressure drops a little when you raise rpm) untill 1700rpm's are reached...keep them there untill oil temperature raises above 45-50 deg C...then raise rpm to 2100rpm untill coolant temperature is at least 70 deg C...when it get's above 70,you are clear for take off...again,don't just slam the throttle to 110%,increase it gradualy ...
Старый 10.06.2009, 23:52   #9
Uzin
В пожизненном отпуске

Цитата:
...do it like this,works for me every time....start engine,raise rpm to 900-950 and keep them there until oil pressure reaches 70lbs...once the pressure is above 70,very slowly raise rpm (be careful,pressure drops a little when you raise rpm) untill 1700rpm's are reached...keep them there untill oil temperature raises above 45-50 deg C...then raise rpm to 2100rpm untill coolant temperature is at least 70 deg C...when it get's above 70,you are clear for take off...again,don't just slam the throttle to 110%,increase it gradualy ...
Thank you very much, I shall try it to learn again.
EDIT: Hurray, I get her airborne on Okinawa airfield, strictly following your recommendations, went around and landed .

Последний раз редактировалось Uzin; 12.06.2009 в 03:36.
Старый 12.06.2009, 12:29   #10
sl@sh
Новичок

Цитата:
Thank you very much, I shall try it to learn again.
EDIT: Hurray, I get her airborne on Okinawa airfield, strictly following your recommendations, went around and landed .

..it's more of a challenge like this ...
Старый 20.06.2009, 19:58   #11
Uzin
В пожизненном отпуске

Цитата:
..it's more of a challenge like this ...
Well, is here anybody flying these Kittyhawks?
I should be very glad to read somebody other's experience with this challenge.
Concerns it also other planes?
Старый 23.06.2009, 13:23   #12
sl@sh
Новичок

I'm working on a Fw190D9 early model ...with same features...
Старый 24.06.2009, 16:59   #13
Uzin
В пожизненном отпуске

Цитата:
I'm working on a Fw190D9 early model ...with same features...
It's wonderful. These features make the IL2 more sim, less arcade. But untill having more types of planes with the same properties, the scramble missions will not be feasible too much . Wish you all the time you need for your excellent work.
Ответ